Federation of Drama Schools is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with GDPR Act 2018). We will be clear when we collect your data and will not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- From time to time additional information will be collected through third party platforms such as eventbrite or paypal in order to facilitate event attendance.
From time to time additional information will be collected in the registration of individuals for specific FDS events such as dietary requirements or telephone contacts.
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We retain contact email addresses and names of individuals who have requested to join the mailing list in order to:
- Promote and manage attendance at FDS events
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Share information regarding events and initiatives developed through member schools or connected third parties
- Share information regarding the sector and the performing arts industry as it may impact on, interest or affect member schools, and individuals connected with these schools
- We never share, sell, rent or lease your details to a third party, unless required to do so in Law. The FDS mailing lists are not shared with member schools or individuals within those schools.
All contact details are securely stored and used by FDS only.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The FDS mailing list contact details are collected in the following ways:
- Personal sign up requests at FDS events
- Direct contact from you requesting mailing list sign up
Through online booking/registration for FDS events
WHERE AND HOW DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION SAFELY?
We take every precaution to protect your information.
Federation of Drama Schools manages the following website www.federationofdramaschools.co.uk
Our website is hosted through Cloud Artisans Ltd who manage the secure storage of our data and services with their suppliers.This includes our website being hosted on a managed server in the UK maintained for full security and access via encrypted connections.Backups are taken and data is stored with selected suppliers who all have data processing arrangements and agreements with Cloud Artisans.
Our emails are also managed by Cloud Artisans Ltd as a partner of Google with whom we store & manage our emails in a business edition with all signed agreements for your privacy & security in place.
eMarketing: Email marketing is typically done in-house using a third party provider of automated marketing software, such as Mailchimp. We store your data on MailChimp whose servers are located in the United States. MailChimp certifies to the Privacy Shield framework and can lawfully receive EU data. Only the FDS administrator is granted access to personally identifiable information.
In order to ensure the smooth running of FDS events, from time to time, data such as contact names will be downloaded into conference documentation such as registration check lists. All data files are secured on a private, password protected system, and are not transferred digitally or in a portable form other than via those functions detailed above.
REQUESTING THE INFORMATION WE HOLD
If you want to see what information we hold, withdraw consent, object to processing, request rectification/erasure, data portability or submit a Subject Access Request, please contact the administrator via [email protected]
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
RETENTION, DELETION AND REMOVAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- All email communications provide a clear ‘unsubscribe’ option
- Data acquired through 3rd parties such as paypal or Eventbrite is handled as above. Additional privacy policies exist at these companies to ensure your data is handled appropriately – details on their websites.
- Any additional request for removal from the mailing list can be sent at anytime to [email protected]
- Without a specific request, contacts will be retained for 24 months, and then a specific additional ‘opt in’ communication will be sent
- Event documentation including personal information (paper ) will be destroyed after the event
- Event files (digital)including personal contact information may be retained for 24 months for audit/report purposes, and then will be deleted.
TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
We aim to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this seriously. If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the ICO: http://www.ico.org.uk/concerns
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and process your data using one of the following legal bases:
Legitimate interest – by registering and attending an FDS event as an industry professional, you are entering in to a contract with FDS and we require access to your information in order to fulfil your needs, to administer the event and to send you relevant communication
Consent – you may request and opt in to receiving communications from FDS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY